With the People & Alias Feature in Tracts, you can easily link names together so the software recognizes them as one party for calculations. Use this tool when you have parties that need to be tracked under one name, such as marriages, name changes, trusts, and sheriff's documents ect.
To use this function of the software to its fullest extent it requires your cooperation. Please make sure to add your aliases and label each party correctly.
Accessing the Tool
In the toolbar on the side of your screen:
Click on the icon that has the person with a plus sign next to it
Through a document:
Select the Grantor/Lessor tab
Select the Grantee/Lessee Tab
Inside the Tool
This shows you all of the parties in the system.
Strangers that don’t fit into the system are shown in yellow.
- The case for these frequently is that they are aliases and you haven’t put them into the system correctly with the alias name.
Starting interests are shown with a green circle next to the name.
Two people on the same line will also highlight yellow as a warning.
- This is where you put both names on separate lines in the document to resolve the issue.
- The name inputted when a document is created and add a party name.
- Used to distinguish between parties with a similar or same name.
- Typically with a year of birth or suffixes like Jr. or Sr.
- This will change the name that appears within the flow chart and other parts of the system.
- Doesn’t affect computations.
- Useful for long names such as trusts
- For the party in question.
- The details need to be separated by a new line.
- Extra information about the party you think is useful.
- If the party is known as something else we need to save it to the system so it can be properly recognized for calculations and tracking.
- Need to separate each alias to one per line.
Every entity in the system needs to be an individual on their own line and never any parties.